Alhamdulillah. With donations received, RAR (assisted by MyCare) organised a very cheerful and colourful Iftar Programme last Saturday. The newly arrived families were given health checks by volunteer doctors from Beacon Hospital:
- The adults were given new shirts (men) n prayer outfits (women)
- The children were given toys to choose from
- The children gave us a performance which they’d been working hard on
- Clothing booths were set up
- Food packs were distributed
- They were treated to a delicious Syrian meal
- A short tadhkirah was given in Arabic by our invited Ustadh
How lovely it was to see the children dressed in the pretty clothes they received from donors, playing and smiling, putting aside for a while the hardships they’ve endured to get here. How grateful we were to have the chance to break fast with our brothers n sisters and show them some warm hospitality as they begin a new chapter of their lives in Malaysia.
Jazakumullahu khayra to the volunteers who worked hard to put the event together. May Allah accept it from us.